Do you remember this teenage girl and the “Steroidial Extraterrestrial ” Zucchini?
Well, what happened to that monster? It became the World Famous “Out of this World Zucchini, Banana, Coconut, Pecan, and Sour Cream” bread! I know most of you have had Banana Bread, Zucchini Bread, Coconut Cake, and Pecan Pie. Now just envision it all mixed together into a bowl and then baked into the most delicious, moist loaf of bread you have ever tasted. Next time you have the family at home for a rare spend the night occasion, wake them all up at 8:30 am with the smell of this baking in the oven. You have never seen lazy, sleep deprived, apathetic kids jump up so fast. Are you ready? Get your pencil and paper out:
1. Grate 2 1/2 cups of fresh zucchini into a bowl
2. Smash 3 overripe bananas into a bowl
3. Mix zucchini, bananas, 4 beaten eggs, 3 tsp vanilla, 1 1/2 cup oil, 1/2 cup sour cream all together
4.Combine dry ingredients of 3 cups AP Flour, 2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup toasted coconut, 3 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
5. Combine wet and dry mixtures into one bowl and mix well. Pour into 2 crisco greased and thoroughly floured loaf pans. Bake on 325 for 1 hour. Check with that toothpick you have been picking your teeth with.
6. Let cool down for about 30 minutes. Then pump your chest out and watch it slide out like a greased pig.
P.S. Serve with 100% cold homogenized milk only. Absolutely no 1% and 2%.
Your Loafing Friend,
If you like this blog and would like to follow it each time a new entry comes out, just click on the Follow button at the bottom right of the page and enter your email address. It’s that easy! Thanks and tell a friend.