This is a Wahoo
For most of you around the globe, you may not be that familiar with the Southern California delicacy known and a Fish Taco. I would estimate that over 80% of the Tacos eaten outside of Taco Bell in Southern California are Fish Tacos. I was flat out freaked out of the idea of eating fish in a taco for most of my adult life here. But if you want to hang with the dudes and dudettes, you have to put the Wahoo in your mouth. So here is my recipe for “Ocean in a Tortilla”.
Barbeyaki Fish Tacos
1. Start with the Salsa: Chopped red onion, mangoes, fresh tomatoes from the garden, cilantro,lime juice, salt,pepper, and a good squirt of Barbeyaki Spicy Grilling Sauce.
2. Next make the Cilantro and Jalapeno sauce: 1 bunch of chopped cilantro leaves, two finely chopped jalapenos,1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, puree all in blender.
3. Batter the Wahoo filets and some firm avocado slices with a little flour,buttermilk, and Old Bay seasoning. Sautee/Fry in heated butter. Yummm!
4. Tortillas: Take some real fresh tortillas and lay them one at a time in a skillet with just a tiny bit of heated butter, Watch them puff up and get crispy. Fold over in half o make the Taco shell.
5. Assembly: Open the Tortilla and slather some sauce all over, spoon the salsa all over the sauce. Lay in the Wahoo pieces and Avocado slices and you are ready for a true Baja Culinary Experience.
If you like this blog and would like to follow it each time a new entry comes out, just click on the Follow button at the bottom right of the page and enter your email address. It’s that easy! Thanks and tell a friend.