I Think So ?
Oblige me with this short little outburst of some recent thoughts that have been flying across that small and warped mind of mine. I hope I don’t offend anyone, but if I do, it is not personal. But lets think about some more modern thinking facts about happiness:
- You do know when we work less we are happier. Therefore it is reasonable to assume that happiness will not come from more income.
- It is fairly common knowledge that when people have an annual income of about $10,000.00 per capita, increasing their income passed that does little to make them happier.
- Did you ever think that when you work harder to improve your income, and feel better off by consuming more, you most likely are making the neighbors feel worse off as their relatable income has become less now.
- A key to happiness is to live appreciating what we have, rather than what we want. Wanting things makes people unhappy.
- Did you ever stop to think that an extra dollar in a poor persons pocket is worth alot more than an extra dollar in a rich mans pocket. On a global basis, it has been stated that in fact it can be up to 10 times more value to the poor person.
- I personally think that a dollar is worth the effort and time put into earning it.
- Some folks believe Happiness is not what you have but what you give. What do you think?
- I think that just a little passed having some level of basic comfort, Happiness is derived from having a purpose.
- I am not sure this world we live in can keep supporting our need for consumption much longer. matter of fact, I believe we are entering a time of scarcity. However, that can be a good thing if it forces us to depend on things that are purposeful and life changing.
- A life of continual consumption is a dead end. There is a much more meaningful solution to happiness.
- Let’s take a break from worrying about Gross National Product and start focusing on about Gross National Happiness.
If you like this blog and would like to follow it each time a new entry comes out, just click on the Follow button at the bottom right of the page and enter your email address. It’s that easy! Thanks and tell a friend.